Thomas County is named for George H Thomas, who was a Major during the American Civil War.
Created: March 13, 1887
Thedford 1888 – present
County Courthouse – Thedford
Location: 503 Main Street / Walnut Street
Built: 2005 – 2006
Architect: C G Architects
Contractor: Hausmann Construction Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a one story red colored brick and vinyl siding structure. The south front has a peaked red colored brick center section with a recessed entrance. On the north side, the courtroom is located in an extension from the main building. The building has a red colored brick foundation and the roof is sloped.
Note: The courthouse constructed in 1889 was destroyed by fire in 1920. The previous courthouse was designed by J S Kelly and constructed in 1923. The building was demolished in 2005 when the present courthouse was constructed.
N – Cherry County
E – Blaine County
W – Hooker County
Photos taken 2006 and 2010