Blaine County

US States / N / Nebraska / Blaine County
Blaine

Blaine County is named for James G Blaine, who was Secretary of State and a presidential candidate, and who lived from 1830 to 1893.

 

Created:  March 5, 1885

County Seat:

Ladora     1886 – 1887

Brewster  1887 – present

 

County Courthouse – Brewster

 

Location:  1 Lincoln Avenue / Paddock Street

Built:  1908

Style:  Federal

Architect:  J W Crooker

Contractor:  G A Vanderweer

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story square gray stucco wood frame structure. The east front has a small protruding entrance on the first story. The windows are small and roof is sloped on four sides. On the south side is a one story addition.

 

Note:  The other wood frame courthouse in Nebraska is located in Frontier County. There is a wood frame courthouse in North Dakota in Slope County.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Cherry County and Brown County

E – Loup County

S – Custer County

W – Thomas County

 

 

 

 

0271cs10

 

 

0274cs10

 

 

0273cs10

 

 

0277cs10

Photos taken 2006 and 2010