Hot Springs County

US States / V-Z / Wyoming / Hot Springs County
hotsprings

Hot Springs County is named for the hot springs located in the county.

 

Created:  February 9, 1911
County Seat:

Thermopolis 1911 – present

County Courthouse – Thermopolis

 

Location:  415 Arapahoe Street / North 4th Street

Built:  1938
Style:  Art Deco
Architect:  Changler & Cohagen of Billings, Montana
Contractor:  John Sterhan

Description:
  The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The north front has a projecting center section rising one story with a recessed entrance. Above are two vertical windows on the second and third stories. The third story has small square windows. The building was a Federal Emergency Administration Project under the Works Project Administration. On the west side is an addition constructed in 1982. The architect was Edwards and Daniels and the contractor was Sletten Construction.

 

County Courthouse Annex – Thermopolis

 

2628c13

 

Location:  415 Arapahoe Street / North 4th Street

Built:  2009 – 2010

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Plan One / Architects

Contractor:  Groathouse Construction Inc.

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a one story. The building is named as the County Government Annex Building.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Park County and Washakie County

E – Washakie County

S – Fremont County

W – Fremont County and Park County

 

 

 

0911u09

 

 

0913u09

 

 

0915u09

 

 

2618c13

 

 

2623c13

 

 

0914u09

 

 

2626c13

 

 

0918u09

 

 

2624c13

 

 

0916u09

 

 

0919u09

 

 

2627c13

 

 

2630c13

 

 

2631c13

Photos taken 2009 and 2013