McPherson County is named for General James B McPherson ( 1828-1864 ), a general of the Civil War.
Created: March 31, 1887
Tyron 1890 – present
County Courthouse – Tyron
Location: 5th Street / Anderson Street
Built: 2005 – 2006
Architect: KP Construction LLC of North Platte
Contractor: KP Construction LLC of North Platte
Description: The building faces east and is a one story dark red colored brick and concrete structure. The rectangular shaped building has the main entrance on the east side which protrudes with two brick pillars supporting the roof. The roof is hipped.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Burt M Reynolds and constructed in 1926. The building was damaged by a tornado in 2004 and demolished.
E – Logan County
W – Arthur County
Photos taken 2007, 2011 and 2016