Perkins County is named for Charles E Perkins, President of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy railway system.
Created: November 8, 1887
Grant 1888 – present
County Courthouse – Grant
Location: 200 Lincoln Avenue / 2nd Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: J F Reynolds
Contractor: Cork & Ferrier
Description: The building faces east and is a three story brown-buff colored brick, stone and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds and rectangular. The east front has four stone columns rising from the second to the third story. The first story entrance is recessed. A wide cornice runs below the flat roof line.
Old County Courthouse – Grant
Location: NE – Central Avenue / 3rd Street
Built: 1889 – 1990
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. This former courthouse was originally built as a bank and in 1901 the building was converted into the courthouse. After the present courthouse was erected the building has served as the Grant, Nebraska Post Office, a barber shop, and an antique store.
N – Keith County
E – Lincoln County
Photos taken 2007, 2010 and 2016