Converse County is named for A R Converse, who was a banker and rancher from Cheyenne.
Created: March 9, 1888
Douglas 1888 – present
County Courthouse – Douglas
Location: 107 North 5th Street / Center Street East
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Henry Therkilden
Contractor: Julien Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story flagstone, concrete and glass structure. The entrance is located at the southwest corner with a recessed glass panel on the first story. There are flagstone vertical dividers between the windows. A wide band runs below the flat roof line.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W N Bowman in 1915. A courthouse had also been constructed in 1905.
W – Natrona County
Old 1915 County Courthouse
Old 1905 County Courthouse
Photos taken 2009