Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was an officer during the American Revolutionary War and who sent Paul revere on his famous midnight ride.
Created: November 26, 1807
McMinnville 1807 – present
County Courthouse – McMinnville
Location: 111 South Court Square / Morford Street
Built: 1897 – 1898
Architect: Rueben Harrison Hunt of Chattanooga
Contractor: B M Nelson
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the landscaped grounds of Court Square in the center of the city. The south front has an arched entrance. The southwest corner has a high square tower with steep roof. The southeast corner has a lower square tower with steep roof. The northeast corner has an octagonal tower with steep roof. The roof is hipped. The courtrooms are located on the second story. In 1978, An addition was built in 1954 and a further addition was constructed on the west side in 1978.
Note: The first court met at the home of Joseph Westmoreland and at a log courthouse built in 1807. The second courthouse was built in 1811 and the third courthouse was built in 1858.
County Administration – McMinnville
Location: 201 Locust Street / Center Street
Description: The building faces north and is a one story gray colored stuccoed structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds on the north side of the the center of the city. The north front has a large portico supported by two pillars and extending from the main building which rises to a peak above the entrance. The windows are horizontal. The roof line is flat.The building was renovated in 1998 to house the County Administration. The architect was Armstrong Associates and the contractor was Tri-State Development.
E – Van Buren County
Cornerstone 1897 Courthouse
Foundation Stone 1807 Courthouse
Foundation Stone 1811 Courthouse
Foundation Stone 1858 Courthouse
Photos taken 2012 and 2018