Laramie County is named for Jacques La Ramie, who was a French Canadian fur trapper.
Created: January 9, 1867
Cheyenne 1867 – present
County Courthouse – Cheyenne
Location: 309 West 20th Street / Carey Avenue
Built: 1994 – 1996
Architect: Noel Griffith & Associates
Contractor: Reiman Construction
Description: The building faces north and is a four story dark blue colored glass, stone and concrete structure. The main large arched stone entrance is along the north side near Carey Avenue. The first story is faced with stone. A large stone cornice runs along the roof. An atrium connects with the old courthouse on the south side of the building. The roof line is flat. The project manager was The Planning Studio.
Old Laramie County Courthouse – Cheyenne
Location: 310 West 19th Street / Carey Avenue
Built: 1917 – 1918
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: William Dubois
Contractor: John W Howard
Description: The building faces south and is a four story red colored brick and stone structure. On the north side, the building is connected by an atrium to the new Laramie County Complex. A secondary cornice separates the third and fourth floors. The Dubois design is Classic Revival style with cut stone first floor. The second and third floors are united by a row of ionic columns. The building was refurbished in 1997. The architect was Rande Pouppirt and the contractor was Regency Construction. Project manager was The Planning Studio.
Note: The building served as the City / County Building.
W – Albany County
Photos taken 2011