Dickey County

US States / N / North Dakota / Dickey County
Dickey

Dickey County is named for George H Dickey ( 1858 -1923 ), a Valley City attorney and leader of the House of Representatives.

 

Created:  March 5, 1881

County Seat:

Ellendale  1882 – present

 

County Courthouse – Ellendale

 

Location:  309 2nd Street North / 3rd Avenue North

Built:  1910 – 1911

Style:  Beaux Arts

Architect:   Buechiner & Orth of St. Paul, Minnesota

Contractor:  Ingemann Company

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story dark red colored brick, concrete and limestone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city and a classic rectangle with an octagonal dome on the center of the roof. There are two tall columns at the south entrance with a pediment at the roof line. In the interior is a rotunda under the dome.

 

See:  The architect Buechiner & Orth of St. Paul, Minnesota designed many courthouses.

 

Note:  The previous courthouse was designed and built by Brown & Mallory in 1885.

 

Courthouses: 

N – LaMoure County

E – Sargent County

S – Brown County, South Dakota and McPherson County, South Dakota

W – McIntosh County

 

 

 

0096nm07

County Courthouse

 

 

0097nm07

 

 

0099nm07

 

 

0100nm07

 

 

0101nm07

 

 

0102nm07

 

 

0103nm07

Photos taken 2007