Grant County is named for Ulysses Simpson Grant ( 1822-1885 ), president of the United States from 1869 to 1877.
Created: November 24, 1916
Carson 1916 – present
County Courthouse – Carson
Location: 106 2nd Avenue East / Main Street
Architect: Don D Jiran
Contractor: Froeschle Sons, Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the town The south front has a large dark glass window in the recessed portico along the west side. The building has few windows and the roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was built by J H Bellman in 1916.
See: The architect, Don D Jiran, also designed the courthouse in Sioux County.
N – Morton County
S – Sioux County
Photos take 2007