Eddy County is named for Ezra B Eddy ( 1830-1885 ), who was a Fargo, North Dakota banker.
Created: March 31, 1885
New Rockford 1885 – present
County Courthouse – New Rockford
Location: 524 Central Avenue / 6th Street North
Built: 1899 -1900
Style: Classical Revival / Federal
Architect: M J Moran
Contractor: M E Beebe of Fargo
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The south front has a central entrance rising to a pediment at the roof line. The building has a course stone base. On the center of the roof is a square white colored wood tower with multipained windows. The building has a hipped roof with four small gables, one on each side. The courtroom is located on the east side of the second story.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Eddy County Courthouse
N – Benson County
S – Foster County
W – Wells County
Photos taken 2007, 2009, 2015 and 2018