Cavalier County is named for Charles Cavaleer of Pembina ( 1818-1902 ) who was one of the earliest white settlers.
Created: January 4, 1873
Langdon 1884 – present
County Courthouse – Langdon
Location: 901 3rd Street / 9th Avenue
Built: 1957 – 1958
Architect: Foss and Company
Contractor: The John Larsen Company
Description: The building faces west and is a one story red colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The entrance is located at the south end of west front. The east part of the building is higher in the center section and is faced with polished white colored concrete and green colored concrete on the south side. The roof line is flat. The courtroom is located along the south side of the building.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by J W Ross and built in 1895.
N – Manitoba, Canada
E – Pembina County
W – Towner County
Photos taken 2007, 2011 and 2015