Bottineau County is named for Pierre Bottineau ( 1814-1895 ), a respected Metis guide.
Created: January 4, 1873
Bottineau 1884 – present
County Courthouse – Bottineau
Location: 314 5th Street West / Ohmer Street
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Brunner, Hoefel, Torno & Nester
Contractor: Mattson Construction Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two story glass and concrete structure. The main entrance is along the south side. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The west part of the building is two stories and the east part is one story. The windows are narrow in height and run horizontally around the building. The roof line is flat.
See: The architect, Brunner, Hoefel, Torno & Nester and the contractor, Mattson Construction Company, also designed and constructed the courthouse in Rolette County.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W A Foss and constructed by O A Braseth and built in 1901. The building was enlarged in 1953. The contractor was Frank Simek.
E – Rolette County
W – Renville County
Photos taken 2007, 2009 and 2016