Fremont County is named for John C Fremont, who was an explorer and United States Senator and who lived from 1813 to 1890.
Created: March 5, 1884
Lander 1884 – present
County Courthouse – Lander
Location: 450 North 2nd Street / Amoretti Street
Built: 1955 – 1956
Architect: Robert Wehrli
Contractor: Spiegelberg Lumber and Building Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. On the north side is the original one story red colored brick wing which joins a white colored east wing which is attached to the new south addition. The buildings form an “L” shape. The roof line of the buildings is flat. The south addition was added in 1974 which houses the courtroom. The architect was Corbett / Dehnert Associates and the contractor was Brasel & Sims Construction Company.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1886. An addition was built in 1915. The building was torn down when the present courthouse was completed.
Photos taken 2009 and 2013