Banner County is named for the slogan “banner county” as the county was “to be the brightest star in the constellation of Nebraska counties”.
Created: November 6, 1888
Harrisburg 1888 – present
County Courthouse – Harrisburg
Location: 204 Court Street / School Street
Built: 1956 – 1957
Architect: Robert W Ditzen
Contractor: Fullen Construction Company Inc. of Scotts Bluff
Description: The building faces south and is a one story buff colored brick structure. The building is a long rectangle with large windows on the south side. The center section has white stone facing with a glass entrance. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed and constructed by Charles Schooley in 1890.
S – Kimball County
Photos taken 2010