Morrill County

US States / N / Nebraska / Morrill County
Morrill

Morrill County is named for Charles H Morrill, who was a president of the Lincoln Land Company which settled the area.

 

Created:  March 9, 1909

County Seat:

Bridgeport  1909 – present

 

County Courthouse – Bridgeport  

 

Location:  SW – 6th Street / Main Street

Built:  1909 – 1910

Style:  Classical Revival

Architect:  J P Eisentraut Company of Kansas City, Missouri

Contractor:  Winters & Short of Atwood, Kansas

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red colored stone and buff colored brick structure. The east front has a projecting portico with four large square pillars supporting a pediment. A projecting cornice is below the flat roof line.

 

See:  The contractor, Winters & Short of Atwood, Kansas, also constructed the courthouse in Chase County.

 

County Courthouse Annex – Bridgeport  

 

0369cs10

 

Location:  NE – L Street / West 7th Street

Built:  1999 – 2000

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Howard G Duncan of Scotts Bluff

Contractor:  Rusch’s Construction Inc. of Scotts Bluff

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a one story buff colored brick structure. The west front has a central entrance. The building is connected to the Courthouse on the east side. The roof is pitched.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Box Butte County

E – Garden County

S – Cheyenne County

W – Banner County and Scotts Bluff County

 

 

0359cs10

 

 

0360cs10

 

 

0361cs10

 

 

0362cs10

 

 

0363cs10

 

 

0366cs10

 

 

0367cs10

 

 

0368cs10

 

 

0370cs10

 

 

0371cs10

Photos taken 2010