Sheridan County

US States / N / Nebraska / Sheridan County
Sheridan

Sheridan County is named for Philip H Sheridan ( 1831-1888 ), a noted general of the Civil War.

 

Created:  February 25, 1885

County Seat:

Rushville  1888 – present

 

County Courthouse – Rushville  

 

Location:  301 East 2nd Street / Sprague Street

Built:  1903 – 1905

Style:  Romanesque Revival

Architect:  W T Misner

Contractor:  S C Reck

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a three story dark red colored brick structure. In the center of the building is a small square tower which rises to the third story above the entrance. On the east side of the north front of the building, that portion rises to a peak at the third story.

 

Courthouses: 

North  – Shannon County, South Dakota

East    – Cherry County and Grant County

South –  Garden County

West  –  Box Butte County and Dawes County

 

 

 

1263nm07

 

 

1264nm07

 

 

x4

 

 

x5

 

 

1265nm07

 

 

1266nm07

Photos taken 2007