Kimball County is named for Thomas L Kimball, who was the vice president and general manager of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Created: November 6, 1888
Kimball 1888 – present
County Courthouse – Kimball
Location: 114 West 3rd Street / South Walnut Street
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: E L Goldsmith & Company of Scotts Bluff
Contractor: Walter Knutzen & Son of Kearney
Description: The building faces north and is a two story grey Carthage stone structure. The north front has three arched entrances on the first story. Columns rise from the second story to the top of the third story diving recessed windows. A wide cornice runs between the first and second stories. At the roof line is a wide eave. The roof line is flat. The south side of the building is buff colored brick facing.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by George McDonald and constructed by Everett Brothers in 1893, The cost of construction of the present courthouse was $180,000.
N – Banner County
E – Cheyenne County
W – Laramie County, Wyoming
Photos taken 2010