Grant County is named for Ulysses Simpson Grant, who was the eighteenth President of the United States of America and an American Civil War general.
Created: March 31, 1887
Hyannis 1887 – present
County Courthouse – Hyannis
Location: 105 East Harrison Street / Grant Avenue
Built: 1957 – 1958
Architect: Thomas, Benjamin and Clayton
Contractor: James E Simon Contractors of Scottsbluff.
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building sits on a slope descending on the north side. The south front has the entrance in the center with high horizontal windows on the first story. The second story has green-blue painted concrete with a projecting concrete trim surrounding the area with windows.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1907.
N – Cherry County
E – Hooker County
S – Arthur County
Photos taken 2006 and 2010