Burnett County is named for Thomas P Burnett, who was a Wisconsin legislator.
Created: March 31, 1856
Grantsburg 1856 -1985
Siren 1985 – present
County Courthouse – Siren
Location: 7410 County Road K / Highway 35
Built: 1983 – 1984
Architect: Ozolins-D’Jock Architects of Eau Claire
Contractor: Construction Analysis and Management, Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota
Description: The building faces south and is a two story brick and concrete structure. On the southeast side is a two story wing connected at the main entrance to a three story northwest wing. The building is faced with a dark red colored exterior which is inter-disbursed by light horizontal brick. The windows form a horizontal band across both wings. The roof line is flat. The building was dedicated in April 2005.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in Grantsburg in 1888.
N – Douglas County
E – Washburn County
Photosd taken 2006 and 2007