Barron County is named for Henry D Barron, who was a Wisconsin legislator and judge.
Created: March 4, 1869
Barron 1869 – present
County Courthouse – Barron
Location: 330 East La Salle Avenue / South 3rd Street
Architect: Jane Hirsch & Associates
Contractor: Keller Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story colored concrete and glass structure. The west wing of the building is one story with the north and south main entrances on the east side, abutting the higher part of the building. There is a carillon on the grounds. The building houses the county administration. The building was renovated in 1989. The architect was Wayne E Spangler and the contractor was Northwest Builders, Inc
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Fremont D Orff and constructed by H O Olson & Company in 1901 at a cost of $38,000. The building was razed when the present courthouse was constructed.
County Justice Center – Barron
Location: 1420 Highway 25 North / Birch Avenue
Built: 2002 – 2004
Architect: KKE Architects Inc.
Contractor: Market & Johnson
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The east front has a projecting center section with a high rectangular section on each side of the entrance which has a curved roof and glass panels. The building is rectangular with a flat roof.
E – Rusk County
W – Polk County
Photos taken 2005, 2008 and 2012