Chippewa County is named for the Ojibwe or Chippewa Native American people.
Created: February 3, 1845
Chippewa Falls 1845 – present
County Courthouse – Chippewa Falls
Location: 711 North Bridge Street / East Spruce Street
Built: 1951 – 1953
Architect: Foeller, Schober, Berners, Safford & Jahn Architects of Green Bay
Contractor: Hoeppner-Bartlett Company of Eau Claire
Description: The building faces west and is a two story gray stone structure. The west front has entrance doors on the north and south. The windows are longer in size on the second story. The roof line is flat. An addition was added in 1990 which preserved the existing structure.
Photos taken 2007