Dunn County is named for Charles Dunn, who was a state Senator and Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Territory.
Created: February 3, 1854
Dunnville 1854 – 1861
Menomonie 1861 – present
County Courthouse – Menomonie
Location: 615 Stokke Parkway / Parkway Drive
Built: 1996 – 1998
Architect: Ayers Associates
Contractor: Market & Johnson Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a low two story stone and concrete structure. The building is called the “Dunn County Judicial Center”. The building is faced with a yellow polished stone with a horizontal band of rough yellow stone above the windows. On the south side, the building is entered on the second story and descendes down a slope on the north side.
County Administration – Menomonie
Location: 800 Wilson Avenue / 9th Street SE
Built: 1959 – 1960
Architect: Schubert, Sorenson & Associates
Contractor: Keller Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The east and west wings form a wide “V” shape with the main entrance with glassed windows, in the center of the building. Metal and concrete dividers run vertically between the windows. The building is called the “Government Center” and houses the Menonomie City Hall offices. The building served as the courthouse untill 1998.
N – Barron County
S – Pepin County
Photos taken 2007 and 2008