Rusk County

US States / V-Z / Wisconsin / Rusk County
Rusk

Rusk County is named for Jeremiah Rusk, who was the Governor of Wisconsin from 1882 to 1889.

 

Created:  January 19, 1905

County Seat: 

Ladysmith  1905 – present

 

County Courthouse – Ladysmith

 

Location:  311  Miner Avenue East / East 4th Street

Built:  1964 – 1965

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Dobberman & Helske

Contractor:  Steel Structures, Incorporated of Medford

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story rectangular brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The south front has vertical concrete dividers with long narrow windows between. The central recessed entrance has a solid white stone panel above the doorway. The rest of the building is a red-yellow colored brick. The building was constructed as an annex with the old courthouse on the north side.

 

Note:  The original courthouse was constructed in 1902 by Stanley Manufacturing Company and the building was demolished as the new additions were constructed.

 

County Administration – Ladysmith

 

0072t11

 

Location:  311  Miner Avenue East / East 4th Street

Built:  1996 – 1997

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Ayers Associates

Contractor:  Market & Johnson, Inc.

 

Description:  The building faces east and  is a modern three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the north side of the courthouse. The east entrance has a concrete portico with concrete facing above. The roof line is flat. The building sits on the site of the old courthouse. The buildings are called the “Rusk County Government Center”.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Sawyer County

E – Price County and Taylor County

S – Taylor County and Chippewa County

W – Barron County

 

 

 

0065t11

County Courthouse

 

 

0069t11

 

 

0076t11

 

 

2460wv12

 

 

2461wv12

 

 

2458wv12

County Administration

Photos taken 2007 and 2011