Jackson County is named for J R Jackson of Minnehaha County, who was a legislator in 1883.
Surrounding County Courthouses:
N – Haakon County
S – Bennett County
W – Shannon County and Pennington County
Created: March 8, 1883
Kadoka 1914 – present
County Courthouse – Kadoka
Location: 1 South Main Street / Maple Street
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Keith Brakke
Contractor: Hogen’s Hardware
Description: The building faces west and is a one story brown-yellow stone style structure. The first wooden Court House was built in 1915.
County Courthouse - Kadoka
Photos taken 2006 and 2010