Tripp County is named for the Honorable Bartlett Tripp, who was a judge of the territorial court and chairman of the first constitutional convention.
Created: January 8, 1873
Lamro 1909 – 1910
Winner 1910 – present
County Courthouse – Winner
Location: 200 East 3rd Street / Madison Street
Built: 1920 – 1921
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: P P Lewis
Contractor: Western Construction Company
Description: The building faces south and is a stately rectangular two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The south front has six white colored columns rising to the top of the second story with a wide white header and cornice above. The entrance has a small pediment above the doorway. The building has a stone foundation. The roof line is sloped with white colored trim below.
Note: The first courthouse was built in Lamro in 1909. The building was moved to Winner in 1910 and burned in 1911.
Note: Todd County uses the Tripp County Courthouse
N – Lyman County
S – Keya Paha County, Nebraska
W – Todd County and Mellette County
Photos taken 2007 and 2016