Columbiana County is named for Christopher Columbus, who discovered the Americas in 1492.
Created: March 1, 1803
Lisbon 1803 – present
County Courthouse – Lisbon
Location: 106 South Market Street / West Lincoln Highway
Built: 1870 – 1871
Architect: Henry E Myer of Cleveland
Contractor: William C Megown and Simon Harrold
Description: The building faces east and is a two story sandstone structure. The east front has a projecting clock tower with arched entrance on the first story, balcony and large arched window on the second story and green dome with clock and statue of Justice at the top. The windows are narrow and arched. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 1934 under the Works Project Administration. The architect was Charles F Owsley & Associates of Youngstown and labor provided by the Civil Works Administration and the county.
Note: On May 20, 1870, the Commissioners authorized William C Megown and Simon Harrold to furnish materials and perform labor for the sum of $98,717.
N – Mahoning County
Photos taken 2010 and 2011