Carroll County is named for Charles Carroll, who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Created: January 1, 1833
Carrollton 1833 – present
County Courthouse – Carrollton
Location: 246 South Lisbon Street / 2nd Street SE
Built: 1884 – 1885
Style: Second Empire
Architect: Frank O Weary and George Kramer
Contractor: J S Melbourne
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story rough sand block structure. The northwest front has a small portico with four columns rising to a balcony on the second story. Above is a large window and a fan window in the center with a raised section which rises above the roof line. On the center of the roof is a large square cupola with clock at the top. On the southeast side is an addition built in 1975. The architect was Geary, Moore and Ahrens, Inc. and the contractor was A A Knoch & Sons, Inc.
S – Harrison County
Photos taken 2011