Beaver County is named for the Beaver river which was named after the beaver living along the river.
Created: March 12, 1800
Beaver 1800 – present
County Courthouse – Beaver
Location: 810 3rd Street / Market Street
Built: 2002 – 2003
Architect: Wallover, Mitchell & Bontempo Architects
Contractor: Nello Construction Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two story concrete, stone and glass structure. The building has buff colored stone with projected wings connected by a central section and a glass-enclosed atrium at the front of the first story. A curved pavilion connects the two wings in the front as a decorative touch, and a glass-enclosed tower with a clock is above the entrance.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1875. The architect was Thomas Boyd of Pittsburg and the contractor was William M Keyser of New Brighton. The building was renovated in 1933. The architect was Edward J Carlisle and Harry P Sharrer. An addition was added in 1974. The architect was Carl G Baker & Associates. The building was razed.
N – Lawrence County
Photos taken 2015