Floyd County is named for John Floyd, who was the Governor of Virginia at the time that the county was created.
Created: January 15, 1831
Floyd 1831 – present
County Courthouse – Floyd
Location: 100 East Main Street / North Locust Street
Built: 1950 – 1951
Style: Art Deco
Architect: J L Williams
Contractor: A P Snead & Clark Brothers
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a recessed central entrance framed with stone. The building is “U” shaped and is tiered at the front with recessed wings. The roof line is flat.
Note: The first courthouse was designed by James Toncray in 1834 and the next courthouse was built by Henry Dillon in 1851 which lasted for 100 years until the present courthouse was constructed.
W – Pulaski County
Photos taken 2013