Radford is named for Dr. John Blair Radford, owner of a plantation that included that town’s lands.
Independent City Created: 1887
Courthouse – Radford
Location: 619 Second Street / Robertson Street
Built: 1996 – 1998
Architect: Thomson + Litton
Contractor: Burwil Construction
Description: The building faces southeast and is a one story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The southeast front has a central square tower with entrance on the first story, large glass windows on the second story and mansard roof. The southwest wing rises higher with a mansard roof and the northeast wing is lower with a flat roof. The building is named as the City of Radford Municipal Building and Courthouse houses the court and city offices.
N – Pulaski County
W – Pulaski County
Photos taken 2013