Marshall County is named for John Marshall, who was the United States Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
Created: February 7, 1835
Plymouth 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Plymouth
Location: 501 North Center Street / West Jefferson Street
Built: 1870 – 1872
Architect: Gordon P Randall of Chicago, Illinois
Contractor: R Epperson and S Favorite of Lafayette
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The east front has a large portico with a center arch and small side arches on the first story. Four columns rise from the base of the second story to the pediment at the roof line. Stone trims the corner of the building and the windows. The base of the building is course stone. On the center of the roof is a square yellowish colored clock tower with silver colored dome and spire at the top. An addition was added on the north side in 1988 and named as the Courts Building. The architect was Mathews-Purucker-Anella, Inc. and the contractor was Carl J Reinke & Sons, Inc.
S – Fulton County
Photos taken 2008