Kosciusko County is named for Tadeusz Kosciuszko, who was a Polish general and who served in the American Revolutionary War.
Created: February 7, 1835
Warsaw 1846 – present
County Courthouse – Warsaw
Location: 100 West Center Street / North Lake Street
Built: 1882 – 1884
Style: Victorian Eclectic
Architect: Thomas J Tolan and Brentwood S Tolan of Fort Wayne
Contractor: Hiram Iddings
Description: The building faces south and is a two story stone structure. The center of the south front projects from the main building and has an arched entrance on the first story. On the second story is a portico with arched window and pediment above. Above is a mansard roof with large dormer window. The east and west wings also extend forward. On the center of the roof rises an octagonal dome with silver roof and clock.
County Justice Building – Warsaw
Location: 121 North Lake Street / Center Street
Built: 1980 – 1982
Architect: Cain Associates
Contractor: Wright Construction
Description: The building faces east and is a two story concrete structure. The east front has a high framed central entrance. The windows on the east side are recessed and the roof line is flat.
N – Elkhart County
Photos taken 2008