Paulding County is named for John Paulding, who was the captor of the spy John Andre during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: April 1, 1820
Paulding 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Paulding
Location: 115 North Williams Street / Perry Street
Built: 1886 – 1887
Architect: Edward Oscar Fallis & Company of Toledo
Contractor: Rudolph Ehrhart of Defiance
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has a projecting center section with large arch and two small arches on the first story and on the second story is an arch with three recessed windows. Above is a third story with small windows and the section rises to a peak with a higher twin tower section behind. The north, east and south wings project from the main building. On the center of the roof is a square tower rising to a rotund cupola with small cupola at the top.
Note: The cost of construction was $40,000.
See: The architect, Edward Oscar Fallis & Company of Toledo, also designed the courthouses in Williams County; and in Indiana in Noble County, in Kansas in Montgomery County; and in Michigan in Lenawee County and Monroe County.
N – Defiance County
E – Putnam County
S – Van Wert County
W – Allen County, Indiana
Photos taken 2011