Williams County is named for David Williams, who was the captor of spy John Andre during the America Revolutionary War.
Created: April 1, 1820
Bryan 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Bryan
Location: 1 Courthouse Square / High Street
Built: 1889 – 1890
Style: French Baroque and Romanesque
Architect: Edward O Fallis & Company of Toledo
Contractor: Malone Brothers & Earhart of Toledo
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and Bera and Amherst limestone structure. The south front has a stone framed entrance on the first story with small round towers on either side with red colored domes. The third story has a columned front with steep green roof. Round towers are at each corner of the building. On the center of the roof is a large square red brick tower with clock and sloped roof.
N – Hillsdale County, Michigan
S – Defiance County
Photos taken 2010