Putnam County is named for Israel Putnam, who was a general during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: April 1, 1820
Ottawa 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Ottawa
Location: 245 Main Street / North Hickory Street
Built: 1909 – 1913
Style: Neo-Classical and Second Renaissance
Architect: Frank L Packard of Columbia and Ralph Snyder
Contractor: R H Evans & Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two story gray colored stone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city and the south front has a stone framed entrance on the first story with small balcony and arched window above. The second story has double columns dividing the windows which have small pediments above. The eave along the roof extends from the building. The roof line is flat. The courtroom is located on the second story.
E – Hancock County
S – Allen County
Photos taken 2011 and 2018