Rush County is named for Benjamin Rush, who was a doctor and a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Created: December 31, 1821
Rushville 1822 – present
County Courthouse – Rushville
Location: 101 East 2nd Street / North Main Street
Built: 1896 – 1898
Style: Richardsonian Romanesque
Architect: A William and Edwin A Rush of Grand Rapids, Michigan
Contractor: P H McCormack & Son of Columbus
Description: The building faces west and is a three story gray colored stone structure. On the each corner of the building is a large square stone tower with steep red colored roof. The centre sections have arched entrances on the first story and rise to a peaked roof. On the center of the roof is a large square stone clock tower with peaked red colored roof.
S – Decatur County
Photos taken 2008