Gooding County is named for Frank R Gooding, who was the seventh Governor of Idaho and a United States Senator.
Created: February 8, 1913
Gooding 1913 – present
County Courthouse – Gooding
Location: 624 Main Street / 6th Avenue East
Built: 1969 – 1971
Architect: Watson and Leatham of Boise
Contractor: Louis J Ellsworth Construction Company of Blackfoot
Description: The building faces west and is a one story light colored brick structure. The west front has a porch at the center section supported by six brick pillars. There is a wide horizontal band running along the flat roof line.
Note: The previous courthouse was a hotel built in 1908. The building was converted and enlarged by F R Gooding.
N – Camas County
W – Elmore County
Photos taken 2011