Rich County is named for the fertility of the Bear River Valley and was first named Richland until 1868, or for Charles C Rich, who was a Mormon apostle who started the settlement of Bear Lake.
Created: January 13, 1864
Randolph 1864 – present
County Courthouse – Randolph
Location: 20 South Main Street / East Church Street
Built: 1941 – 1942
Architect: Ashton & Evans of Salt Lake City
Contractor: Arthur Peck ( supervisor under Works Project Administration )
Description: The building faces west and is a one story yellow colored stucco structure. The center section rises higher and has a recessed entrance on the west side with four square white pillars. The north and south wings are lower. The building has a peaked roof. The building was constructed under the Works Project Administration using local trades and labor.
Note: The city and school district contributed to the cost of construction and occupied part of the building upon completion. The cost of construction was $42,297.
N – Bear Lake County, Idaho
S – Summit County
Photos taken 2009 and 2013