Twin Falls County

US States / H-L / Idaho / Twin Falls County
Twin Falls

Twin Falls County is named for the Twin Falls on the Snake River.

 

Created:  February 21, 1907

County Seat: 

Twin Falls  1907 – present

 

County Courthouse – Twin Falls 

 

Location:  425 Shoshone Street North / 4th Avenue North

Built:  1966 – 1967

Style:  Classical Revival

Architect:  C Harvey Smith

Contractor:  George Curley of Salt Lake City, Utah

 

Description:  The building  faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The south front has a large portico with four columns rising from the second story to a wide pediment at the roof line. The entrance has a circular window above the framed doorway. The base of the building is stone.The roof line is flat.

 

County Judicial Annex – Twin Falls 

 

0624mi11

 

Location:  425 Shoshone Street North / 4th Avenue North

Built:  1966 – 1967

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Reynolds Construction Company

 

Description:  The building  faces west and is a one story buff and red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the east side of the courthouse. The entrance on the east side has a concrete canopy with glass panels. The roof line is flat. An addition was constructed in the north side in 1977.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Gooding County and Jerome County

E – Cassia County

S – Elko County, Nevada

W – Owyhee County and Elmore County

 

 

 

0630mi11

 

 

0614mi11

 

 

0613mi11

 

 

0617mi11

 

 

0618mi11

 

 

0616mi11

 

 

0615mi11

 

 

0626mi11

 

 

0627mi11

 

 

0625mi11

 

 

0628mi11

 

 

0629mi11

Photos taken 2011