Bonneville County is named for Benjamin L E Bonneville, who was a French born explorer and who lived from 1796 to 1878.
Created: February 7, 1911
Idaho Falls 1911 – present
County Courthouse – Idaho Falls
Location: 605 North Capital Avenue / C Street
Built: 1920 – 1921
Architect: Charles Aitken and Lionel E Fisher
Contractor: W H Holden and E M Holden, North Pacific Construction Company, and S K Mittry and George Mittry
Description: The building faces east and is a two story brick, stucco and sandstone Art style structure. The east front has a projecting center section with recessed entrance. The roof line is flat. The interior has a high ceiling with skylight. On the south side is a modern addition which is attached to the main building.
W – Bingham County
Photos take 2011