Lincoln County is named for Abraham Lincoln, who was a member of Congress from Illinois ( 1847-1849 and President of the United States ( 1861-1865 ).
urroundinmg ounty Courthouses:
N – Camas County and Blaine County
E – Minidoka County
S – Minidoka County and Jerome County
W – Gooding County
Created: March 18, 1895
Shoshone 1895 – present
County Courthouse – Shoshone
Location: 111 West B Street / South Greenwood Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Architect: H J Hefty of Portland, Oregon
Contractor: O J Brennan
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Shoshone. The north front has a projecting center section with the entrance on the first story, large window on the second story and two arched windows on the third story rising to a peak. At the entrance is an extended canopy. The base of the building is stone and the roof is hipped. In the interior, the courtroom is located on the second story. The building houses the County District Court and County Magistrate Court of the 5th Judicial District.
See: The 5th Judicial District includes Blaine County, Camas County, Cassia County, Gooding County, Jerome County, Minidoka County and Twin Falls County.
History: The county was created in 1895 and Shoshone was selected as the county seat. The county used rented premises. The first and present courthouse was constructed in 1903 to 1904.
County Courthouse - Shoshone
Photos taken 2011