Kay County is named for the original name “K County” as the Oklahoma area moved from a territory to a state.
Created: November 6, 1893
Newkirk 1895 – present
County Courthouse – Newkirk
Location: 201 South Main Street / West 8th Street
Built: 1925 – 1926
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Clyde H Woodruff
Contractor: D C Bass & Sons of Enid
Description: The building faces east and is a four story buff colored stone and concrete structure. The east front has a large portico supported by six high columns rising to a header at the roof line. Behind the header is a small fourth story with pediment incorporated into the sloped roof. A wide cornice runs below the flat roof line.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Kay County Courthouse
E – Osage County
S – Noble County
W – Grant County
Photos taken 2010