Washington County is named for George Washington, who was the first President of the United States from 1789 to 1797.
Created: July 16, 1907
Bartlesville 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Bartlesville
Location: 420 Johnstone Avenue / East 5th Street
Built: 1931 – 1932
Architect: James A Wetmore
Description: The building faces west and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The first story has arched windows and entrances. There is stone trim along the corners. The hipped roof is red colored tiles. The building was erected as the United States District Courthouse for the Northern District of the State of Oklahoma.
Old County Courthouse – Bartlesville
Location: 400 Frank Phillips Boulevard / Delaware Avenue
Built: 1913 – 1914
Architect: Patrick Henry Weathers of Jackson, Mississippi
Contractor: Inland Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a three story colored buff brick and structure. The west front has a large arch rising above the roof line. The entrance is recessed. A wide cornice runs below the third story. The east end of the building is curved. The roof line is flat.
S – Tulsa County
W – Osage County
Photos taken 2010