Noble County is named for John W Noble, who was the United States Secretary of the Interior.
Created: November 6, 1893
Perry 1897 – present
County Courthouse – Perry
Location: 300 Courthouse Drive / Cedar Street
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: J W Hawk
Contractor: Manhattan Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a three story gray colored limestone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The east front has a portico with entrance on the first story and four columns rising from the second story to the top of the third story. The first story facade has heavily horizontally-incised, stone facing. A string course with Greek fretwork design divides the first and second stories on all elevations. Fluted Corinthian pilaster strips emphasize each of the four entries. The entablature features a plain frieze and architrave, dentiled cornice and plain roof line. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed and constructed by T M Richardson & Sons in 1898.
See: The contractor, Manhattan Construction Company, constructed courthouses in Oklahoma in Bryan County, Craig County, Creek County, Garvin County, Logan County, Muskogee County, Oklahoma County, Pawnee County and Tulsa County.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Noble County Courthouse
N – Kay County
W – Garfield County
Photos taken 2010