Osage County is named for the Osage Native American Reserve where Osage Native Americans resided.
Created: July 16, 1907
Pawhuska 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Pawhuska
Location: 600 Grandview Avenue / Palmer Avenue
Built: 1912 – 1913
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: C E Hair & Company
Contractor: Donathan & Moore
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is on top of a very steep hill and the front entrance is approached by a long flight of concrete stairs Post lamps line the white-painted concrete bannister on either side of the staircase. The imposing front entranceway consists of a pedimented portico supported by two pairs of fluted, Corinthian columns. The pediment has modillions and an unadorned architrave. A single, fluted Corinthian pilaster is on either side of the doorway. A double, metal-framed glass door has replaced the originals. A large, paired window with side-lights and top light of leaded glass is located above the front door. The structure has an attic story above a metal frieze and projecting metal cornice. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 2010. The architect was BKL Incorporated of Tulsa and the contractor was Builder’s Unlimited, Inc. of Tulsa. On the side side of the building is the old buff colored stone Sheriff Residence which is now the Pawnee Tribal Building .
See: National Register of Historic Places – Osage County Courthouse
Photos taken 2010