Harper County is named for O G Harper, who was the clerk at the Constitutional Convention.
Created: July 16, 1907
Buffalo 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Buffalo
Location: 311 SE 1st Street / Maple Street
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Maurice Jayne
Contractor: Stewart Construction Company.
Description: The building faces west and is a three story brown colored brick and conctrete structure. The west front has a projecting center section with four white colored columns rising from the second story to the top of the third story with a wide header above with crest below the roof line. A projecting cornice runs below the flat roof line. The first story has dark brown colored brick with a framed entrance.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Harper County Courthouse
W – Beaver County
Photos taken 2006 and 2010