Beaver County is named for the Beaver River which was named for the beavers in the area.
Created: May 2, 1890
Beaver 1890 – present
County Courthouse – Beaver
Location: 111 Second Street / Avenue E
Built: 1907 – 1908
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: George P Washburn & Sons of Ottawa
Contractor: Elbert Clift and L M Larsen
Description: The building faces east and is a two story brown colored brick and concrete structure. The center of the east front is slightly recessed front with a small brick portico. White colored cornices run above the second story windows and below the flat roof line. During construction, the superintendent was C S Woodworth. The building was remodeled in 1926 and completed in 1927. The architect was Butler Company of Oklahoma City and the contractor was S S Strong & Sons of Beaver.
Note: The architect, George P Washburn & Sons, designed courthouses in Anderson County, Atchison County, Butler County, Chautaugua County, Doniphan County, Franklin County, Harper County, Kingman County, Miami County, Pratt County and Woodson County.
W – Texas County
Photos taken 2010