Windsor County is named for the Town of Windsor in Connecticut, which was named for the Town of Windsor in Berkshire County on the River Thames in England.
Created: February 22, 1781
Woodstock 1781 – present
County Courthouse – Woodstock
Location: 12 The Green
Built: 1854 – 1855
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Thomas W Silloway of Boston
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has a central arched entrance on the first story. Above is circular window. The corners have white colored trim. The windows on the second story are arched. The cupola is octagonal with open arches and green colored dome. The roof is hipped.
District Courthouse – Wind River Junction
Location: 82 Railroad Row / Joe Reed Drive
Built: 1988 – 1990
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The front of the building has a projecting center section with entrance on the first story rising to a large arched window and peaked roof. A horizontal band runs between the first and second story and below the roof line. The hipped roof has green colored tiles.
N – Orange County
S – Windham County
Photos taken 2014