Plumas County is named for the Plumas River which was named for the Spanish word meaning “feathers”.
Created: March 18, 1854
Quincy 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Quincy
Location: 520 West Main Street / Crescent Street
Built: 1919 – 1920
Architect: George Sellon & Company of Sacramento
Contractor: Edward W Brook
Description: The building faces north and is a four story white colored stucco and concrete structure. The north front has a central entrance on the first story with small pediment above. There are vertical narrow windows along the first story. The second and third stories have a large porch with eight columns and recessed windows. There are low one story wings off the northwest and northeast corners. The fourth story has small windows. The roof is hipped. The interior is paved in Tuolumne marble and accented with pink Tennessee marble. The building is located in landscaped grounds.
E – Lassen County
Photos taken 2013